In an effort to streamline the archaic and often confusing system by which the Nobility of Fastheld are awarded their titles, the Imperial Tribunal has submitted (and had approved) a new set of legal guidelines that better dictate who is entitled to what honorific based on their position in the Empire.
The new guidelines read as follows:
- Duke/Duchess - Matriarch/Patriarch of a Noble House.
- Marquis/Marchioette - Member of the Imperial Circle, or Steward of a Large Township.
- Earl/Countess - Owner of more than one Keep, or substantial property.
- Viscount/Viscountess - Owner of a Keep, or a collection of smaller property.
- Baron/Baroness - Any member of the Nobility.
The Imperial Tribunal has also seen fit to abolish the "Baronet" title for Freelanders due to various complaints from the Nobility of Freelanders masquerading as Nobles. A change in Emperor also remains one of the reasons for this action.
The Imperial Tribunal encourages all members of the Nobility to update their titles as soon as possible.